How do I get a book, video, or article that's not available at Briggs Library?
Follow these instructions to create your interlibrary loan account:
- From the Briggs Library homepage, select "Interlibrary Loan" on the right side of the page; or simply click here.
- Students: Use your SDSU email address and password.
- Faculty and staff: use your SDSU email and password.
- Fill out the registration form.
- Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
- See below for how to request materials.
Request an article through Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery Services
Requesting an article from a library database
- Most library databases have an option for requesting articles that are not available as full-text in that database.
- If you find a database record without a full-text link or PDF button, click the button labeled "Find it @ SDSU."
- If Briggs Library has an online copy of the article, the next screen will present one or more links for "Full text available."
- If Briggs Library has a hard copy of the journal or magazine that you need, you will see a link for "In print in Briggs Library." Click to get further information or to request a scanned copy of the article through your Tipasa account.
- If the library does not have the article in print or online, click the blue link to "Request this Item" through our Interlibrary Loan service.
- You will receive an e-mail message when the article is delivered to your Tipasa interlibrary loan account.
Requesting an article cited in a print source
- If you find an article citation in a print resource, in Google, or in another non-library source, you will have to log into your ILL account to enter the request manually.
- Click on "Journal/Magazine Article" under New Requests from the menu on the left side of your ILL account.
- Fill out the form.
- Click submit.
- You will receive an e-mail message when the article is delivered to your ILL account.
- Typical delivery time is 1-3 days
Requesting a book or video
- Log into your ILL account to enter the request.
- Click on "Book" under New Requests from the menu on the left side of your ILL account.
- Note: There is no option for "DVD," so select "Book." You may add a note in the "Notes, SDSU Account Number, etc." box to indicate it is a DVD.
- Fill out the form.
- Click "submit request."
- You will receive an e-mail message when the material is available for checkout.
Retrieve an electronically delivered article
When you receive email notification that your ILL article or loan has been delivered, read the message carefully for instructions on how to retrieve the article or where to get your loan.
Return ILL loans to the Library Services Desk or one of the book drops at Briggs Library. Book drops are located inside the front doors of the library and outdoors in a blue metal box near the northeast corner of the building. If you want to renew the items, please email your request to email@example.com or call 605-688-5573.
OR, ship your returns to the address below. Use the Library Mail rate to save on postage.
SDSU Briggs Library – ILL 1300 N CAMPUS DR BROOKINGS SD 57007